In 2003 I went to Rome with my friend Paul for a weekend. I had never been to Italy before & was looking forward to spending time in Italy's capital city, Rome.
Places I visited in Rome.
Whilst in Rome we originally meant to look around by ourselves as we stayed in the middle of Rome in walking distance to a lot of things. After spending our first day walking around we met a man in The Forum who told us he was a tour guide & offered to show us around the Forum for free but if we enjoyed it to leave him a tip. He was fantastic & we booked him for a full days touring at lots of other places as well the next day. During our time there we visited the following places.
- The Forum. We had just arrived in The Forum when we met a tour guide who showed us around. It was very interesting place to visit, made a lot more interesting by his stories & knowledge about it.
- The Colosseum. The Colosseum was very interesting & bigger than I imagined. We hired a set of headphones that gave a description of what we were looking at as we walked around.
- The Pantheon. The Pantheon doesnt look much from the outside but inside it is beautiful. You will get dizzy looking up a the ceiling & through the oculus in the roof.
- St Peters Basillica.
- Trevi Fountain.
- Piazza Navona.
- Fontana dei Quattro fiumi.
- Spanish Steps.
- Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo.
- Monumento a Vittorio Emanuele II.
- Villa Borghese.
- Appian Way.
- Pyramid of Cestius. Although we didnt visit this on foot our tour guide told us about it & drove us past it so that we could see it.
Photos from my trip to Rome.
Unfortunately in 2003 the cameras that both of us owned were nothing like the cameras you can get know so these photos are all very grainy.
St Peters Basillica
Pyramid of Cestius
Written by Alan Morris
Parent Category: Travel.
Category: Rome 2003.